Adolescents frequently present to the emergency department or to primary
care physicians for acute health concerns that range from minor to life-threatening.
This issue of AM:STARs
focuses on many of the more urgent and
emergent health problems and concerns that bring adolescents to clinics, private
offices, and emergency department settings.
- Female adolescent gynecology emergencies
- Male adolescent genitourinary emergencies
- Sports-related head injuries and concussions
- Approach to the adolescent with chest pain
- Mental health/psychiatric emergencies
- Substance use and abuse/overdose
- Approach to the adolescent with syncope
- Emergency care of youth with social and environmental vulnerabilities